How to cook chicken legs in the oven? Chicken drumsticks with potatoes in the oven - what could be easier and more commonplace in our menu? Meanwhile, from potatoes and ordinary chicken quarters (I prefer to take this prescription legs with thighs) can be baked in the oven now a festive dish. It's all about the spices.
I suggest you try baking in the legsoven recipe with rosemary. You know, the smell of rosemary when cooking in the oven with the meat? Your kitchen will be filled with such smells that all come running home with the question that we have today for a holiday?
This dish is cooked very simply: the main thing that you have the necessary spices and, of course, plays the role of quality of the products themselves. If you have a soft potato variety, good quality oil and meaty low-fat chicken legs, you provided a stunning gala dinner.
Ingredients for "Chicken legs with potatoes and rosemary":
- 4-5 chicken quarters with bones and skin (I prefer the lower leg with the thighs);
- 5 Art. tablespoons olive oil;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- 1.5 tsp fresh chopped rosemary;
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper;
- 1 kg 200 g potatoes;
- 12 cloves of garlic;
- 2 lemons, cut into thick slices;
- 8-10 large fresh rosemary sprigs.
Recipe "chicken legs with potatoes and rosemary":
Preheat the oven to 200 oC and place the empty baking inside, even heated in the furnace.
Wash and dry wipes chicken legs. Coat them with olive oil, then sprinkle generously on both sides of half salt, pepper and chopped rosemary.
Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut it into large chunks and place in a large bowl. Add to it the whole peeled garlic cloves. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining chopped rosemary. Stir.
Using oven gloves carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Sprinkle the hot surface of the pan with oil and evenly distribute the potatoes and garlic on baking bottom.
Place a sprig of fresh rosemary and lemon slices on top of the potatoes. The idea is to create such a "cushion", which is put on the chicken pieces.
Now place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes with rosemary and lemon. Return the pan to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove the pan from the back of the oven, to shift pieces of chicken on a plate and potatoes mix well so that it is well coated with oil and fat from chicken.
Put the chicken legs on top of the potatoes againand send the dish back into the oven. Increase the fire in the oven to 230 oC and cook for a further 45 minutes or until the chicken legs made rosy, crispy appearance. Potatoes and chicken should be ready at about the same time; If the potatoes are soft enough, you can remove the chicken as soon as it is fully ready, and continue to fry the potatoes until it is completely soft.
- If you find that the potatoes stuck to the bottom of the pan, gently slide it under the metal spatula and slide the pieces of potato, they lag behind the bottom is fairly easy.
- If you are using a small baking dish,you may find that you have too much fat gathered at the bottom of the end of cooking. This may prevent the formation of a crispy crust on potato.
- If this happens, remove the chicken when it is completely ready, drain most of the excess fat and stir the potatoes. Prepare her for some time without meat.
- For a beautiful serving dishes on the table, put the chicken and potatoes on a serving dish and garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon.