This post is about how to make paste cakewith his own hands, spending only 5 minutes, and some foods. Mastic for cakes - it is an edible plastic mass of almonds and sugar. It is a kind of edible clay that has long been successfully used in the confectionery arts.
This almond paste for cakes can be made all sorts of figures, flowers, toys and other ornaments, especially if you add a different food coloring (I definitely - for natural!).
Furthermore, it is possible to prepare a paste cakeof marshmallow, this is what I will write later. Particularly relevant this recipe the day before New Year's - your children will be happy to decorate their own Christmas cake crafts of "edible clay". So, read about how to make the most mastic cake.
Ingredients for a "How to make a paste for a cake with his hands in 5 minutes":
- 1.5 cups whitewashed almond flour (or blanch, dry and chop the almonds yourself);
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar;
- 2 teaspoon pure almond extract.;
- . 1 teaspoon rose water food;
- 1 egg white (or 2 tablespoons corn syrup).
The recipe for "How to make paste for a cake with his hands in 5 minutes":
Place the almond flour and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor (or deep bowl) and mix until all lumps are broken up.
Add almond extract and rose water (if there is no rose water, replace it with a teaspoon of vanilla extract) and mix with the dry ingredients.
Add the egg whites and continue to mix until the dough is formed into a ball.
If the mass is too wet and sticky, add more powdered sugar and ground almonds.
Keep in mind that the mastic becomes firmer after it lie down in a refrigerator.
Put almond dough on a work surface and knead a few times with her hands.
Form the paste into the oval ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
This dough of almond flour and sugarcan be kept in the refrigerator for at least a month (or up to 6 months in a freezer). Before use, it is necessary to lay out of the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to reach room temperature.
- Very often in the recipes for cakes mastic meI met ingredient such as glycerin. However, to me this stuff is not fit to eat, although it was recommended to use only 1,5 tea spoon of glycerin per serving almond dough. Undoubtedly, glycerin give plasticity test, but in my opinion, it is better to replace it with olive oil. I did omit this ingredient.
- Egg white is the traditional humidifierin the manufacture of marzipan dough for cakes. If you are preparing a mastic in the summer, keep in mind that it is not advisable to eat raw egg whites, it is better to replace it with pasteurized.
I do, however, understand that the protein is not pasteurizedbuy in our conditions. Therefore, if you can not pasteurize it yourself, you can substitute a protein used a couple of tablespoons of corn syrup or any other.
- It is best to mix the almond dough in a food processor, so the process will take a few minutes. But if there is a combine, mastic it is possible to mix and spoon, then knead well by hand.
- The almond dough, you can add food coloring, natural is better. For example, the addition of saffron powder will give you a bright yellow color, green tea extract - Green and beet juice - pink.